While the majority of the team is occupying themselves with silly little one-hour races, Cal Tri alums Brandt Champion and Shelley Harper and current member Erika Erickson sought out a more daunting challenge – Panama 70.3.
The trio found great success. Brandt and Shelley finished first and second in their respective age groups, a promising result for a 70.3 Worlds berth later on in the season. Erika took on the pro field and had a breakthrough race, finishing 10th against world-class athletes. For context, the men’s pro race was won by Javier Gomez. Ever heard of him? KOABD.
For a humorous “race” report that doesn’t actually say much about the race but is an otherwise very fun read check out Erika’s post on her team blog.
Way to go guys!
- UCSD “Tritonman” Race Report
- Spring 2014 Racing Schedule
- UCLA Aquathlon Race Report
- Protected: Winter Tri Camp – Oceanside
- Crazy in Love with Cal Triathlon: Santa Cruz Triathlon
- No Longer a Rookie, Not Yet a Vet: Stanford Treeathlon 2013 Race Account
- Protected: Fall Triathlon Camp – Lake Tahoe
- Cal Triathlon Goes to Nationals
- Protected: Wildflower!